You will need:
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons kosher or rock salt
- Ice (about 2 trays)
- 1 small resealable bag
- 1 large resealable bag
- Toppings of your choice
Vanilla: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate: 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
Strawberry: ¼ cup of crushed strawberries
- In the small bag, combine the milk, cream, sugar, a pinch of salt and flavouring of choice, removing the air and sealing tightly.
- Combine the ice and salt in the larger bag.
- Place the small bag inside the bigger bag and massage and shake the bag until the picture becomes the consistency of ice cream, about 7-10 minutes. You can use a kitchen towel or oven mitts to protect your hand from the cold.
- Remove the ice cream bag from the larger bag and rinse off excess salt.
- Enjoy with your favourite ice cream toppings.