Who doesn’t love French Toast for breakfast?
You will need:
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free buttermilk
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf unsliced dense white bread, crusts removed and cut into slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 Cup of fresh raspberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Chocolate syrup (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 120° Celsius. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven to warm.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, salt, and vanilla. Stir in bread.
- In a large sauté pan set over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Place half of the bread mixture in pan; cook, turning occasionally with a spatula, until browned on all sides. To keep warm, transfer to the oven. Cook remaining bread in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter as before.
- Garnish with blueberries, raspberries, banana slices or chocolate syrup.