- 2 cups uncooked broccoli
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley (or your herb of choice)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil or spray with a non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then remove and shock with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Chop the broccoli finely and mix thoroughly with the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into your hand and form the patties.
- Place them on the baking sheet and bake until golden brown and crispy, about 20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Enjoy hot or cold with your favourite dipping sauce.