You will need:
- Uncooked pasta (macaroni or penne works great)
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- A bowl filled with 2 cups of water
- Cookie sheet or baking tray
- Add the vinegar to the bowl of water. Add a couple of drops of food colouring to the mixture. The more food colouring you add the more intense your colour will be. Mix well and add the pasta.
- Repeat step one for every colour of pasta you would like to make.
- Let your pasta soak for about 20 minutes – take one out and check if you are happy with the colour. If it is too light, soak it a little longer or add more food colouring to the mixture.
- Drain the pasta and dry it on a cookie sheet or baking tray.
- Measure how long you want the string to be and cut the string.
- Thread your string through one of your pasta pieces and tie a knot (this will prevent the other pieces of pasta from sliding off the string).
- Continue adding the pasta pieces until your necklace or bracelet is complete. Remember to leave enough string on both ends of your jewelry piece to tie your necklace and tie them into a knot.