For the cake:
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- Lollypop sticks
For the buttercream:
- 75g butter
- 150g icing sugar
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 200g white chocolate
- sprinkles (optional)
- Heat the oven to 190°C.
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm cake tin.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and beat well to a creamy consistency.
- Slowly beat in the eggs, one by one, then fold in the flour and mix well.
- Tip into the cake tin and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool completely.
- BUTTERCREAM: In a large bowl, beat the butter and icing sugar together until smooth, add the vanilla extract and milk, and beat again.
- Once the cake is cooled, crumble into large crumbs.
- Add the buttercream to the crumbs and stir together.
- Take chunks of the cake mixture and roll into balls, transferring each ball to a lined tray or plate, push a lollypop stick into each, then put into the fridge for an hour to set.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, blasting it and stirring at 10 second intervals until smooth.
- Tip the sprinkles into another bowl.
- Take each of the chilled cake pops and dip into the white chocolate, allowing it to drip off a little over the bowl.
- Dip into the sprinkles, then stand upright in a mug to dry at room temperature for an hour, or in the fridge for 30 minutes.