- Baking soda
- Glitter (this is very important, though you can use any colour)
- Other supplies (see step 4)
- Pan to contain the mess
What to do:
- Place 2-3 tablespoons baking soda in the bottom of the vase. Put the vase in the pan.
- Add 6-7 drops of food colouring and 1-2 teaspoons of glitter.
- Quickly pour in about ½ cup vinegar. Watch for the sparkles!
When the action is over, repeat the experiment, but this time let your child choose other supplies to add. What does pepper look like in the “explosion?” Does salt change anything? Dish soap? What about spaghetti noodles? Remember this is not a demonstration, it is an experiment! Let your child change the variables, predict what will happen, and enjoy the results!
Source: Preschool Powol Packets