What is better than tacos? Breakfast tacos of course!
- 8 hard corn taco shells
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning of your choice with salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 3 or 4 spring onions chopped
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved or quartered if large
- Sliced black olives and sour cream, for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Warm the taco shells on a baking sheet, about 5 minutes.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the seasoning and whisk well with a fork. Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter in the skillet; when it foams and bubbles, add the eggs and reduce the heat to low. Cook the eggs, stirring regularly with a wooden spatula to break them up, until set, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Line the center of each taco shell with about 2 generous tablespoons of scrambled eggs. Top with some of the cheese, spring onions and lettuce, and a spoonful of salsa. Garnish with some chopped tomatoes and serve with olives and sour cream on the side (optional).