- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 500 grams of mince (you could also use shredded meat)
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- Kosher salt
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup frozen baby carrots
- ½ cup frozen baby corn
- 8 slider buns or 12 mini dinner rolls
- 1 cup thinly shredded red cabbage
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mice, and cook, stirring frequently, until the beef begins to brown (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in the chilli powder and 1 teaspoon salt, and continue cooking until the meat is cooked through (2 minutes more).
- Drain off any excess liquid and add back 2 tablespoons of it.
- Reduce the heat to low, stir in the ketchup, sugar, vinegar and ½ cup water and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in the carrots and corn, and cook, partially covered, until the vegetables are tender and heated through (5 minutes).
- Scoop some sauce onto 1 half of each slider bun, top with a handful of shredded cabbage.