- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- 2 zucchini grated, excess moisture
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce or passata
- 2/3 cup
low fatcheese grated
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200C and line two trays with baking paper. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the zucchini. Grate the cheese.
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat and lightly spray with cooking oil. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Whenhas cooled, place in a bowl and combine with mince, onion grated carrot, zucchini, passata and grated cheese. Combine well with hands.
Take onesheet of filo, spray with cooking spray and place another sheet of filoon top. Repeat this process until you have 3 double sheets of pastry.
Carefully cuteach double sheet of filo widthwise to form 4 even rectangles per doublesheet. You should end up with 12 long rectangles of pastry.
Place someof the meat filling at the end of each of the pastry rectangles androll up to enclose. Spray each roll lightly with cooking oil to help seal. Cut each of the rectangle rolls in half to form 24 rolls in total.
Place thesausage rolls on prepared baking trays and cook for 20-25 minutes. They should be golden when cooked. Some liquid may come out of the rolls duringcooking. If required turn the rolls over and bake for a further 5 – 10 minutes to crisp up the bottoms.
- Makes 24 sausage rolls, 4 rolls is 1 serve.
Recipe by: Beth Henke from The Healthy Mommy