- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- Other omelette ingredients such as grated cheese, finely chopped tomato, bell peppers, herbs and ham.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add some seasoning and stir in the milk.
- Using a whisk, beat the eggs until they are combined and the mixture has an even colour.
- Bring a pan to a high heat and add in the butter.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook on a high heat for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat.
- When the egg begins to set, push the set egg towards the centre of the pan.
- Add the other omelette ingredients to the pan.
- Allow to cook for another minute, loosening the edges of the omelette with a spatula.
- Slide the omelette from the pan to a plate, folding the omelette in half on the plate.
- Sprinkle with some grated cheese and remaining herbs if you prefer.