You will need:
- Butter lettuce
- Salad Dressing
- Optional: Ham / Chickpeas / Some type of beans, for added protein
- Glass Jar
- For softer foods like the avocados and ham, you can show your child how to cut them up. The avocado was cut using a butter knife and ham with scissors. Tip: scissors work great for helping little hands “chop” up foods vs. using knives.
- Lay out all your ingredients on one large platter so they’ll be easier to layer.
- Ask your child to start layering. You want to start with the dressing first so it doesn’t get the other foods too soggy.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of dressing. Then start layering from the heaviest to lightest foods ending with the salad greens.
- Also note you can add strawberries as a fruit. This naturally sweetens up the salad and makes it more appealing to kids. Don’t be afraid to add other fruits like blueberries, raspberries, even peaches or apples.