- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- food colouring
- Cold water for thinning
- Combine the flour, water and salt (will keep the paint from spoiling) in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- The mixture will be lumpy but it will then thicken into a paste.
- Once it has become a smooth, thick paste, remove from the heat.
- Whisk in cold water a few tablespoons at a time until it reaches the desired consistency. Usually, ½ cup of cold water will be enough.
- Divide the mixture into bowls.
- Add some food colouring to the bowls to create the paint colours you like.
- Allow to cool completely before painting.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge.