NOTE: This flubber recipe does not contain Borax powder. However, liquid starch does contain sodium borate which is part of the boron family.
Adults should measure and handle all chemicals used when making slime.
- 3 bottles Bostik Art And Craft Glue – White
- ½ Cup Water (room temperature)
- ½ Cup Liquid Starch e.g. Vanish
- Glitter or food colouring optional
How to make flubber:
- Mix glue and water together in a container. Stir until it is well combined and a smooth consistency. Now is the perfect time to mix in colour or glitter.
- Next, add the liquid starch to the glue and water mixture. Start mixing with a spoon.
- Switch to using your hands to combine the ingredients well. Keep mixing the flubber for a few minutes and kneading it well.
- You can play with your flubber immediately or let it set up for about 15 mins.
- Store your flubber in a container with a lid, and it should keep for several weeks unless you have many hands playing with it.
When it’s done, throw it away and make new ones.
Source: Little Bins for Little Hands