- ½ cup fresh dates pitted
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup nuts of your choice almond, walnuts and pecans all work well
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut butter, or regular butter slightly softened and cubed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut, cocoa, or sprinkles for rolling
- Soak dates and cranberries in a glass or small bowl of warm water for 15 minutes or until soft.
- When the fruits are nice and soft, drain and tip dates into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the remaining ‘ball’ ingredients to the processor and process until combined (the ‘dough’ will become quite dense and sticky when properly combined).
- Remove mixture from food processor and roll into teaspoon sized balls.
- On separate plates, shake out your desired toppings.
- Roll each ball in your chosen topping before placing on a dinner plate/baking tray/large Tupperware container and popping in the fridge.
Source: The Healthy Mummy