- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a medium sized pot, bring the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa powder to a boil over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let it boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot and mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, and let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened (about 30 minutes).
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Source: The Suburban Soapbox