- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups coarsely crushed ice
- ¾ cup salt
- Using two 15 cm by 22 cm resealable plastic bags, place one bag inside the other. Place the first five ingredients inside the inner bag.
- Seal both bags, pressing out as much air as possible.
- Place the two bags in a 4 litre resealable plastic freezer bag. Add ice and salt. Seal bag, again pressing out as much air as possible.
- Shake and knead cream mixture until thickened, about 5 minutes. (If desired, wear mittens or wrap the bags in a kitchen towel while shaking to protect your hands from the cold ice.)