• 1 ½ cups milk
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 80ml butter, melted
• 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla, maple syrup, and melted butter.
2. Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. In a separate mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Pour some batter into a preheated waffle iron, and cook until golden brown and crispy.
4. Serve with your favourite waffle toppings – ours is ice-cream and fresh fruit!