- 4 slices of bread
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the bread: Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut a heart-shaped hole in the center of a slice of bread. Be sure not to tear the bread.
- Spread some butter on both sides of the bread and the heart cut out.
- In a preheated pan, melt some butter and toast the bread on one side.
- While the bread is toasting, carefully crack the eggs into a cup.
- Once the bread is toasted, flip it over and carefully pour the egg into the heart-shaped hole in the bread.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes over a low heat, or until the white part of the egg is set.*
- Remove from the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Repeat this for all the bread slices.
- Toast the remaining heart cut outs in the pan.
- Serve warm with your favourite breakfast items.
*If you don’t like a runny egg, pour the egg into the heart-shaped hole in step 4. After 5/6 minutes, flip the bread carefully and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until it is cooked to your preference.