- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 large egg
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C and line your baking sheets with baking paper.
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl.
- Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- You can then add the golden syrup and egg to the mixture.
- Mix everything together until you have a smooth dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface until it is about 5mm thick.
- Once that is done, use cookie cutters to cut out different cookie shapes and place them on your baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Until they become golden brown.
- Allow to cool before decorating.